Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Give It If You've Got It....

THIS is how I know God knows me and loves me. He sent me, Mrs. Type A, high strung, bordering on OCD, a large quantity of serenity. My serenity come in the form of friends. I have ended up with these amazing, calm, serene, glowing friends. God knew I'd need settling.....

So a few weeks ago, I met one such friend for breakfast (toting a combined 4 of our 6 kiddos...). French bistro, French toast, French fruit, French Hot Cocoa.....Let the warm fuzzy feelings flow.

But warm and fuzzy I was not. Frazzled was more like it. It was the week before starting my full time job. Emotions were raw---the usual suspects present---doubt, guilt, anger, anticipation, fear...the whole gang was there......But then she said it....

"You know, this is your gift. Your family needs something right now and you can give it to them. Working right now if your gift to them. Not every mom can give that."

I don't work for bigger house, a boat, extravagant vacations, or jewels. I work to pay off bills that burden us. To help build some security and "cushion" for crisis. I work so my husband can build his career and eventually take over all of this need. I work because when we prayed about what to do, my Heavenly Father sent me this opportunity and the Spirit confirmed I should take it. This is truly my gift to my family.....one of many, I hope, but the one that was needed now.

This gift is for you......


Focus:
1. God-sent friends.
2. Viewing work as a gift to my family.
3. Good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment