Friday, February 12, 2010

Bacteria Battles and Nice Nana's...

"Mom, my throat hurts~" he cried in THAT voice (you know that voice) with THAT look in the eyes (you know that one, too).

"Ugh," I think, silently, to myself.

"Open wide," I say.

"Drat," I say, out loud.

Of course, it's today. Valentine's party at school, Brutus running out the door for an early, can't be missed meeting, me on my own getting The Crew dressed, fed, and dropped off.

The Scientist begins to cry. He HATES to miss school, even on non-party days. I resist the urge to cry (Points for Mom) and go into highly-efficient-lets-figure-it-out mode. 15 minutes later we're all out the door, heading to a walk-in clinic. (Thank you positive test! Thank you Amoxicillin!)

What to do with contagious boy?!?!

Panic? No. Hostile frustration? Not I. Not now. (Maybe later.)

I call Nana...

This is really the first time in over a decade of marital bliss that we've lived near family. And right now, I'm ecstatic about that fact. Nana's breathless (exercise bike?) but happy to have a potentially contagious boy and his sisters come play until mommy can figure things out at work. The Crew is happy. Mommy's relieved.

Nice Nana's Rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment