Monday, January 25, 2010

The Results Are In....

Week one and here's where we stand....

The Scientist --
-Slipped into bed with us Thursday night and snuggled close to me, very close -- I was alerted to his presence by my knees hitting the floor. He hasn't done this for almost 2 years.
- Asked every morning if it was a work morning or a home morning. Highlighted everything on a calendar for him.

Pretty Princess --
- Slipped into bed with us Thursday night and Friday night. Snuggled close to me. Jockeyed for space on Thursday with The Scientist. Alerted to this by the "OW-- Move!" cries in the middle of the night. BIG change. She ends up in our bed at least once a week, but NEVER by me, or even near me. She usually stays on the edge on the other side of her dad.

Sweet Angel --
- Still a Mommy's Girl (Thank you!!!)
- Fights going to sleep at night a bit. Wants to sit on my lap instead.
- Frequently comes over to me throughout the day, stands between my legs with left are wrapped FIRMLY around my leg, and right thumb in her mouth. Stays for 30 seconds or so, then smiles and moves on. I'm going to have to watch this. It has me a little worried.
- Got very excited when she saw the babysitters kids sit down in front of us at church. Talked (loudly)to the 2 year old most of Sacrament Meeting. (Mental Note: Do not sit near babysitter and family at church anymore.) Makes me feel good knowing she is friends with them.

Brutus --
- Enjoying a little extra time with the kiddos.
- NOT enjoying new homework responsibilities.
- Cooking again---I've missed his dinners. Usually yummy. Sometimes experimental.
- Keeping up with work, although that meant one late nights and a few hours Saturday morning. Need to work on this a bit.
- In a bunch of trouble for keeping me awake watching streaming Netflix episodes way to late.....5 nights in a row.....WAAAAY to late....

Me --
- Ended up having to go to a mandatory staff meeting Sunday night. Drat. Kids were NOT happy. Mommy was NOT happy.
- Tired!!! (See above...darn Brutus)
- Ditching the "To Do List" and playing Polly Pockets, Legos, and Dolls more frequently.


Pressing forward........

No comments:

Post a Comment